Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For the philosophy buffs out there

I think there is a big problem with the push for multiculturalism. The problem is this. There is always going to be someone somewhere who would react to your hugs, good deeds and gift of Coca Cola; by laughing, shooting you, and laughing some more. In other words, utopian multiculturalism will inevitably fail in the real world.

Now here's the kicker. As a Christian it is my job to love everyone I am around (not the gooey kind of love necessarily, but complete love). It doesn't matter if they are my friend or my enemy. What accompanies this, of course, is that I am responsible to share the truth with them if I am able. If I say to anyone out there that we are all God's children and everyone gets to the same place by different roads, then I would be turning my back on what is true. This conflicts with the idea of moral equivalency. The point is this. Why would people want to know Jesus unless there is something different and better about knowing him? In a society that promotes multiculturalism and moral equivalency between different belief systems, the only way for that to happen is for followers of Christ to live differently than everyone else.

No comments: